“Since I worked as an operating room assistant at Hoag Hospital before becoming a Physician Assistant, I have been fascinated by the lifesaving skills and compassionate patient care provided by the Newport Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery team. I am very grateful to be part of a team of professionals in which we share the same passion to provide the highest quality patient centered care.”
Hitomi Sugimoto joined Newport Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery in 2022 after graduating from the Thomas Jefferson University PA Program.
• National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
• American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support
• Master of Science, Physician Assistant Sciences, Thomas Jefferson University
• Bachelor of Science, Human Biology, University of California, Merced