Bill Fazzalaro has been a Nationally Certified Physician Assistant since 1999 working almost exclusively in Cardiothoracic Surgery and Critical Care Medicine. Bill joined Newport Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery (formerly the Raney Zusman Medical Group) in 2003 and is currently the Lead PA for the team.
In addition to his clinical responsibilities including harvesting venous and arterial conduit for coronary bypass surgery, assisting in the operating room for cardiac, thoracic and robotically assisted surgeries, rounding on patients in the hospital and seeing outpatients in the clinic, he is responsible for the supervision and training of junior PAs and day to day assignments of the PA corps. Bill has performed over 1000 endoscopic and open vessel harvests.
His work interests include endoscopic vessel harvesting and robotically assisted surgeries. Outside of work he enjoys spending time and traveling with his wife and daughter and playing golf.
Education & Training
- PA Surgical Residency, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 1999-2000
- Bachelor of Science, Physician Assistant, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1999
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, University of Notre Dame, 1989
- AAPA Clinical Preceptor
- NCCPA Board Certified Physician Assistant
- NCCPA Special Recognition in Surgery
- New York and California Licensed Physician Assistant
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider
- American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider, Past
- American College of Surgeons Advanced Trauma Life Support, Past
- Fellow, American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Fellow, Association of Physician Assistants in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Hoag Hospital Interdisciplinary Practice Committee
- EPIC EMR Champion