Alyssa van Heerden
“I am proud to be part of a team that is genuinely passionate about the work we do and the patients we care for. We are continually striving to be top in our field so that we can better serve our patients, their families, and our community.”
Alyssa van Heerden joined Newport Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery (formerly Raney Zusman Medical Group) in 2018. She is a nationally certified Physician Assistant with an extensive background in vascular surgery. Alyssa expertly harvests conduit in the operating room for coronary bypass in addition to first assisting at cardiac and thoracic surgeries and seeing patients in the ICU, on Telemetry and in the outpatient clinic. Alyssa is dedicated to providing patient-centered, team-based care. She embodies our practice’s mission to provide the best possible care for our patients.
Outside of work, she enjoys traveling and spending time with family and friends.
• National Committee on the Certification of Physician Assistants
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider
• American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider
• Masters Physician Assistant Sciences, Loma Linda University.
• Bachelor of Science, Biological Science, University of California, Irvine
• American Academy of Physician Assistants
• California Academy of Physician Assistants