“Surgery can be scary, and even overwhelming. Our job is to help you, your family, & support team successfully navigate through your recovery. Your job is to trust our processes and team (doctors, PA’s, nurses, and therapists). Together, we’ll bring you through safely and help you return to enjoying life.”
Jef Saunders is certified Physician Assistant with over 10 years of surgical experience focused exclusively in cardiothoracic surgery. He has earned 7 professional advanced medical certifications and is a life-long learner, always striving to improve his professional credentials and experience.
Joining Newport Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery (formerly Raney Zusman Medical Group) in 2014, the surgeons have relied on Jef as an integral part of the team assisting them during surgery, hospital patient care, and home patient care.
- Physician Assistant Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Respiratory Therapist
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Master of Health Science, Physician Assistant, Quinnipiac University
- Associate of Applied Science, Respiratory Therapy, Weber State University
- Bachelor of Science, Molecular Biology, Brigham Young University